For Father’s Day, why not heat up the grill and create something fun for that special someone? I have fond memories of my dad grilling. He would talk to me about dad stuff while flipping the meats around. I remember the smell of the flavours, the smoke rising out of the cover, hearing the sizzling and crackling every once and awhile. Grilling makes me smile.
This chicken skewer recipe is simple and makes about 5 skewers. Give it a try!
- 1 – 2 chicken breasts, about ½ kg
- Any bbq rub
- Salt and pepper
- Any bbq sauce, mix with a little water to lighten.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks, season with salt and pepper and place into a mixing bowl.
- Gently coat your bbq rub into the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Wash bell pepper, core and seed, cut into 1 inch squares.
- Peel onion skin then cut into 1 inch squares.
- Skewer chicken, bell pepper, onion, pineapple chunks in any order you like.
- Heat up the grill to 400F. Lay all skewers flat. Gently brush bbq sauce. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Flip skewers and brush bbq sauce onto the other side. Grill for another 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve, ready to eat! Just be careful when handling the skewers. It’s super hot!
Happy Father’s Day everyone!